Martin Foster joined the Harriers in late 2014. After 12 months with us,
Martin gave us 10 reasons why he's glad he joined!
1. Finding out how good you are – you win the local fun run and think you're invincible, then turn up for your first Tuesday run and discover you're just a poor club runner.
2. Perfecting a limp – that same Tuesday is also the last day your legs didn't ache.
3. Learning the meaning of compassion – when someone says 'I'm going to take it easy tonight my knees hurt,' you get a warm feeling inside.
4. Learning to question your sanity – standing in a blizzard with a vest on.
5. Losing your sanity – as in 'thanks Dave, thanks Rachel – that was the most unpleasant Sunday morning I've ever experienced'.
6. Seeing how you might look when you're dead – your cross country pics look like you're halfway through your own post mortem.
7. Irritating your non runner friends – by turning up at the pub in running gear, then drinking Becks Blue because you're going for a 10K PB in the morning.
8. Loving Mark Zuckerburg – when you oversleep on Sunday then have to like everybody else's long run on Facebook.
Hang on that's only 8 – there must be some other reasons I'm enjoying it.
9. Meeting a load of lovely people, who introduce you to a whole new world of cross countrys, relays and road races- which you go to and support each other, have a great time and come back feeling really good about yourself.
10. You even have to go out for a drink with them.
Come along to the Hook Norton Sports & Social Club at 7pm on a Tuesday to meet us and join us for a run! If you'd like to become a member, simply send us an email:
For all general enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hook Norton Sports & Social Club